Friday, December 25, 2009

Who Misses Jim carrey as The Mask?

i do! Man it seems like everybody has forgot about him and how cool he was! :( i mean come on! also can someone find a Comic book respect thread for him so i can see his Feats?





http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arv5OQd3E鈥?/a>Who Misses Jim carrey as The Mask?
the mask movie was the best when i saw it. but the son of the mask suck. they should make another mask movie with jim carrey.Who Misses Jim carrey as The Mask?
It was a good movie for its time. But Carrey has changed his style. I think audiences got tired of his 'over the top' performances. The first few were good but it got to be too much. So in later films, like Liar Liar and Truman, he toned it down a bit. And he was even more popular. I haven't seen his latest, but I want to.





Carrey got famous for something that nobody's done in a long time, it used to be called 'rubber face' comedy. The Mask gave him a great opportunity to do that. But rubber face comics come and go very quickly, and then are remembered as embarrassments--the last great one was Jerry Lewis (though Red Skelton almost qualifies). Carrey 'grew up' as a comic actor and I really think that's the reason he's still so popular.
It depends. I didn't think they wrote the story of the Mask correctly in the first place, considering that in the comic, Stanley IpKiss gets shot in the end. (sorry if I ruined it). That would've been better considering that The Mask is a demented anti-hero.





Now they way they wrote the movie was more to appeal to kiddies I guess. So, sure I guess he was better than average. Which did he do first, The Mask or that wretched Batman movie where he was the Riddler? Really, the Riddler and the Mask were pretty much the same character. I don't think that back then that Jim Carrey had a lot of acting range.





Now I won't even touch the Son of the Mask because that looks horrible. So I guess I don't really miss him. Let's say that I'm glad I only paid $5 for it.


It's just my opinion.
YEAH and with Cameron Diaz... that was a good movie!





i haven't seen that in a long time......





i love it. i guess its just you and me.
I believe this was the first comic book based movie I ever saw. Aaaah, meeeemorieees.

No comments:

Post a Comment