Friday, December 25, 2009

Do you think the movie ';the mask'; with jim carey?

is appropriate for children 6, 8, %26amp; 13 years old? I saw the movie a long time ago and i know it's funny. and has a good lesson about being yourself. i bought it for 5$ at the grocery store because i thought it would make a good movie night movie. but now i'm not sure if it's a little too racey (cameron diaz) for the 6 %26amp; 8 year olds? what are your opinions?Do you think the movie ';the mask'; with jim carey?
No I think it's fine for that age group, it does have a few scary moments from what I remember but nothing too bad. I think the 6 year old may be a little frightened (depending on their nature) but other than that it's a great movie. I don't think it's too racy, she's more of a cartoon type character herself in it, kinda like Jessica Rabbit, sexy but child friendly, I wouldn't worry about that.Do you think the movie ';the mask'; with jim carey?
my kids love it. there isn't anything innapropriate that i have seen of jim carey in any of his movies. my kids absolutely adore him. liar liar, bruce almighty, the mask, both ace venturas, etc. even the scary one numbers, my 2 12 year olds loved.
the 13 year old deserves to see that. he knows how to be mature. the 8 year old might aks you ';what does that mean or laugh at random violence'; as for the 6 year old, he might be a little too young. have him be taken out with your husband and have him take the 6 year old out of the house
I think it's appropriate for that age group. Any romance in the movie is comical and not really sexual. The Diaz character is supposed to be sexy obviously but I don't think it's too racy.
The movie is hilarious.


Jim Carrie made that movie. I think it was made for kids.


Its got a funny plot and also a great lesson.


But its something good for the kids to be more open to the world.





and something to laugh about too :)
better ';the Mask'; than almost ANY other pg-13 movie that has been released in the last couple of years. Its funny, and they dont swear nearly as much as some pg-13's today.
its fine


i watched this film when it first came out and i was younger than 6 and i wasnt scared or anything. i dont remember any racey scenes but a 13 year old would def handle it
get the second part too.





son of the mask.





hilarious
i love that movie.


I think its appropriate for that age group.
I would show it to my kids but I'm really open and honest with them about the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment