Saturday, December 12, 2009

Does anybody wear a surgical mask to school due to severe allergies, or nose problems?

My doctor told me that I have to wear a surgical mask for a couple of months due to severe allergies, but I'm kind of nervous to wear it to school, they'll probably think I have aids or something, any help? Does anybody wear one to school, or job. Thanks!Does anybody wear a surgical mask to school due to severe allergies, or nose problems?
I had a really good friend who has psoriasis and I believe a severe form of eczema. It was made worse by allergies and her skin was an angry red color and peeled. It looked very painful. She was taking medication for it, but often it suppresses the immune system. She had to wear a surgical mask to school for about a month, if not more, and more than once.





No one made fun of her. She's the sweetest girl I've ever met and it's unfortunate that she pulled the wacky immune system card, but it has nothing to do with what kind of person she is.





If anyone asks, you can explain to them that you would like to continue to live your life to the fullest, and in order to do that, you need to protect yourself from the elements. If they ask any further, you can explain in detail, or chose not to.





Good luck,





Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment