Saturday, December 12, 2009

How can I make a homemade surgical mask?

Or at least go into my dusty basement? The entire room is really dusty, but its cool. This summer I plan to just spend time down there doing work, sleeping when it's hot, and working more at night. I don't like the AC very much. Feels like it's in a never ending battle with the heat.





Back on topic. The basement is dusty. How do I make a mask that shields out foreign particles? Would I have to buy them from walmart?





Would the dust trigger my seasonal allergies?How can I make a homemade surgical mask?
Dust masks from a store are fine for working on your basement, but in the event of a serious pandemic, you will not find those or any surgical masks in stores. Besides, dust or disposable masks will not last more than a few days.





Making your own from cloth is probably the best long-term alternative. If you are sewing impaired (like me), form a neighborhood group and make them in quantity.





A good set of instructions can be found here:


http://www.ehow.com/how_4516943_make-surgical-masks.htmlHow can I make a homemade surgical mask?
Handy tied aroung the back of you head or at the hardware shop you can buy masks which stop you from inhalling bad chemicals etc when painting and stuff they are usually like $2

No comments:

Post a Comment